Sunday, March 13, 2016

Yes.

Should We Cancel Daylight Saving Time?: Last year, German researchers suggested that our body clocks never really adjust to daylight saving, which causes a host of health problems. Till Roenneberg, a chronobiologist at Ludwig-Maximilians University in Munich, told National Geographic that because of DST, "The majority of the population has drastically decreased productivity, decreased quality of life, increasing susceptibility to illness, and is just plain tired."

5 comments:

Don Coffin said...

I'm perfectly willing to forego DST. It seems to be 95% costs and 5% benefits, which is not a good trade-off.

Rick Robinson said...

Since we don't need to get out in the back yard to hoe our victory gardens after work anymore, (which was part of the argument to do it in the first place,) I think they ought to do away with it! Set the clocks back in Fall and leave them alone, or leave them as they are today. I don't care which, but stop the madness.

Jeff Meyerson said...

I bet Trump would get even more support if he adopted Rick's Stop the Madness campaign.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I just want it stopped. I don't care where we do DST or the other. Just make the damn thing stop.

I'm also well aware that it won't stop because there are too many groups invested in making sure we keep doing this nonsense. It might be easier to defeat the special interest groups that make a living off of the complicated tax code than the ones who live off of this utter nonsense.

Unknown said...

Jeff, I would vote for anyone who promised to repeal it.