Monday, December 21, 2015

It's all about Walnut

Here's what I'm trying to figure out these days:  What's up with Walnut?

The reason why I'm pondering this question is that for months now I've been getting e-mails from concerned individuals who happen to believe I live in Walnut.  For example:

We don't know if you happen to heard good news but Obama has launched an innovative program to let you fund your own home.

This system is actually for individuals living in the area of Walnut. 

And:

Pedophile Alert in Walnut area!

And: 

Hey there , I know you live near me at Walnut.

I want to meet you if you're still interested by me? 

Clearly this Walnut is a happening place.  I almost wish I did live there.  

10 comments:

Don Coffin said...

Can't help you with Walnut, but here's Walnut Springs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut_Springs,_Texas

Don Coffin said...

Also, Walnut, California; Walnut, Iowa; Walnut, Mississippi; Walnut Creek, California; Walnut Grove, Georgia; Walnut Cove, North Carolina; Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.

Anonymous said...

Sleuth on the Trail: There's a (East & West)Walnut street in what looks to be the center of Pearland TX, which is just north of Alvin, AND E. Walnut intersects with the "Old Alvin Road"! Some spam algorithm apparently is confusing Alvin the road with Alvin the city - any maybe Alvin the Chipmunk, who no doubt loves walnuts.
Art Scott

Unknown said...

Well, I've traveled on the Old Alvin Road more than once, although I've never noticed Walnut Street.

I've also been to Walnut Springs more than once, and I've been been swimming in the little spring. Or one of the springs. So there are numerous connections.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Don't let it get to you. I get those too, but they correctly say Brooklyn.

I thought you were going to reference those "heart healthy California walnuts" commercials.

Unknown said...

I could believe those e-mails if they were about Brooklyn. But Walnut?

Rick Robinson said...

Yes, they definitely meant to say Brooklyn. That sounds like Brooklyn stuff to me. Of course I've never been to Brooklyn, but I've been in Queens, so I'm sure I'm right.

Cap'n Bob said...

Maybe they meant Wal-Mart. You talk about that, and shop there, and those Nigerians and Albanians probably have a tough time pronouncing it.

lastromantic49 said...

I live in Bastrop. My internet provider, though, apparently comes up as several random places, most often Dale, Tx or Dallas. So, I am often getting spam and directed ads on different sites saying things like "I'm your neighbor in Dale", or "new offers in your neighborhood in Dallas!" It's a mixed feeling. A bit irksome they don't get it right, but on the other hand, not sure I want them pinpointing me either!

Unknown said...

Walnut and Dale. If we get Chip, we'll know we're onto something.