Sunday, June 28, 2015

Chris Squire, R. I. P.

Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67 | Rolling Stone: Chris Squire, the co-founder and longtime bassist of prog rock icons Yes and the only member of the group to feature on every studio album, has passed away just over a month after revealing that he was suffering from a rare form of leukemia. Squire was 67. Current Yes keyboardist Geoff Downes first tweeted the news, "Utterly devastated beyond words to have to report the sad news of the passing of my dear friend, bandmate and inspiration Chris Squire."

2 comments:

Don Coffin said...

I begin worrying when people my age are dying. Seems wrong.

Man could play a little bass, too. (I, on the other hand, can play the CD changer.)

Unknown said...

Younger than I am, which is a bit scary, all right.